In the ever-changing world of digital marketing, you’ve often asked yourself how you intend to keep your agency relevant, never mind innovative. It seems that your competitors are always rolling out new services, and you struggle to deliver your core digital solutions. What if you had a way to stand toe to toe with your competition, offering some of the most cutting-edge services around, without committing a lot of resources? That sounds nearly too good to be true; but there is one way you can get an edge, and it can happen quickly if you follow these 6 steps.
1) Identify the gaps in your service offerings. It’s not necessary to provide every last service that your competitors offer; decide which you lack that will deliver the best chance of positive ROI for your clients. For example, you may need to bolster your content production services. Or you might want to build up your local SEO efforts.
2) Interview several SEO agencies with the above gaps in mind. You want to find experts who can blog, write press releases, and build links to your clients’ sites (per the above gap analysis you just did on areas where your agency needs support). Come to these interviews with questions in hand so you can discover exactly what you’ll get with an SEO reseller partnership.
3) Once you decide on an SEO reseller, the next step is to negotiate for a white label SEO package. This package may vary depending on the client you are serving, or you may choose to buy a standard package you can advertise as your own; or both. Get all the details in writing so you’re clear on what to expect. Not only will you need those details for your own information, you’ll need them so you can keep your customers apprised of the deliverables schedule.
4) Add the new services from your SEO reseller to your website, your print materials (business cards, brochures, etc.), videos, etc. Publicize your new services so you can use your new SEO reseller relationship to your advantage. Try these ways of building buzz about your new service offerings:
- Advertising: online and offline
- Press releases
- Social media posts
- Email marketing
5) You can also use the new digital marketing offerings you receive from your SEO reseller as a way to upsell your current customers. When in the past they may have gone elsewhere for a particular service, they can now receive it from your agency.
6) Reap the rewards! But don’t rest on your laurels! Only you know your customers; so you have the best sense of what they need. Always be on the lookout to provide state-of-the-art services, which may mean teaming up with multiple SEO resellers to get the job done.
Bonus Tip: You may wish to become an SEO reseller yourself! It may be that you can trade your services for those that another agency provides; look into that possibility; it may mean a whole new service line you can provide to your clients, while branching out into fulfillment for another agency.
As we’ve outlined here, there are dozens of opportunities open to those who want to white label another agency’s digital marketing services. Our advice is to take your time interviewing SEO resellers to find the right fit. In this way you have the best chance of a good working relationship.
Interested in working with experts who can fulfill your digital marketing requests and delight your customers? Set up an interview now with Engine-ius Marketing.
Plus: Follow along on our blog throughout the month of March as we bring you resources and information on how to access and use white label SEO services. A post a day full of tips to help your agency grow!